We all want good health for ourselves and the members of our families, but most of us are uncertain as to the actions we need to take to attain this goal. If we perceive the road to climb as too s ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Caraotta Chiropractic Orthopedics utilizes physical therapy as an adjunct to help rehabilitate various conditions. We have a fully staffed physical therapy department and have most physical therapy modalities including:
1. An Advanced Motorized Low back Traction Table ideal for decompression and rehabilitating individuals with various lower back conditions including slipped discs, facet syndromes and spinal stenosis.
2. Russian Stimulation, which is a strengthening current best used in rehabilitating individuals with de-conditioned muscles. This is the same current Russians have used for years with their Olympic Athletes to help them strengthen certain muscle groups. This current is helpful in rehabilitating individuals with sports injuries, and any injury or condition that requires muscular strengthening. The advantage of using this current, is that we are able to strengthen certain muscle groups that are difficult to do with performing exercises.
3. High and Low Volt Galvanism which are designed to increase circulation, decrease muscular inflammation(or swelling) and to promote healing.
4. Interferential Current which provides two intersecting electrical currents that are very effective in reducing pain syndromes. This current is very effective in treating shoulder, hip knee and ankle disorders.
5. Diathermy. We have a full spinal application of diathermy that is very effective in treating patient’s with arthritic conditions, disc syndromes, and internal disorders. Diathermy is a current that most patients do not even feel when they are on it. It is a deep penetrating current that goes through the muscles, bones and joints and can effectively affect soft tissue swelling and swelling around the spinal cord.
6. Intersegmental traction. Intersegmental traction provides a passive elongation stretch to spinal segments. Patients commonly call this the “roller table” and want to take this home with them. This provides massage and traction to spinal segments and exercises the joints without a person expending any energy. Most patients say this is a fun way to exercise.
7. Ultrasound is an attended therapy to muscular areas.
This is a deep penetrating heat modality that is very effective in treating cervical (neck) disc herniations, tennis elbow, upper back disorders, and feet problems such as heel spurs and plantar fascitis.
We also have an exercise rehabilitation department in our facility to strengthen spinal and joint musculature. As part of the rehabilitation process, we teach patients certain exercises that they could perform at home to speed up the healing process. We also perform post-surgical Physical therapy and Rehabilitation. Physical therapy in our office is used in conjunction with Chiropractic and Non-Surgical Orthopedic Care.